Ad Dammam is a medium city located in Saudi Arabia with a metropolitan area population of 768,602. A couple could live a moderate lifestyle in Ad Dammam on a budget of $1,746 per month, or $20,955 per year.
Cost of Living in Ad Dammam, Saudi Arabia
As noted above, the cost of living in Ad Dammam, Saudi Arabia is $1,746 per month for a couple living a moderate lifestyle. This budget consists of $745 for housing related costs, $396 for food, and $605 for other costs, all of which will be broken down below.
- A one-bedroom apartment in the city center of Ad Dammam is estimated to cost $526
- Basic utilities including electricity, water, and gas will run about $140
- High-speed internet averages $80
- Typical grocery costs of $279 per month include things like bread, eggs, milk, cheese, rice, chicken breast, bottled water, fruits, and vegetables
- Alcohol including beer and wine for moderate home consumption costs about $34
- Frequent coffees in a neighborhood café are estimated to be about $83
- Meals out are estimated to be $233 per month, including 4 meals in mid-range restaurants and 8 in inexpensive restaurants
- Transportation costs of $100 for public transport passes and occasional taxis
- Fitness center memberships of $192
- Cinema tickets of $80 include several outings for international releases
Note that Ad Dammam, Saudi Arabia is a somewhat walkable city with a Walk Score of 70/100, which means you may need a car if you are living in the city center and you will probably need to use public transportation frequently.
Amount of Money Needed to Retire in Ad Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Many people searching the internet for the cost of living in Ad Dammam, Saudi Arabia are doing so to see if and when they can quit their jobs and retire. A popular and easy way to calculate your retirement number is using the 4% Rule.
The 4% Rule estimates that a person(s) could withdraw 4% of their retirement nest egg and never run out of money. Using this calculation, a couple would need an investment portfolio of $523,878 to live a moderate lifestyle in Ad Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
Annual expenses of $20,955 ÷ 4% = $523,878 portfolio needed.
Of course, everyone’s financial situation is different, and the above calculation could change based on any other sources of passive income and social security income.
Overall, the cost of living in Ad Dammam, Saudi Arabia is affordable coming in at $1,746 for a couple living a moderate lifestyle. Those seeking to retire could do so comfortably with a retirement portfolio of $523,878.