Kuwait City is a large city located in Kuwait with a metropolitan area population of 3,177,315. A couple could live a moderate lifestyle in Kuwait City on a budget of $2,342 per month, or $28,108 per year.
Cost of Living in Kuwait City, Kuwait
As noted above, the cost of living in Kuwait City, Kuwait is $2,342 per month for a couple living a moderate lifestyle. This budget consists of $1,194 for housing related costs, $412 for food, and $736 for other costs, all of which will be broken down below.
- A one-bedroom apartment in the city center of Kuwait City is estimated to cost $1,102
- Basic utilities including electricity, water, and gas will run about $59
- High-speed internet averages $33
- Typical grocery costs of $250 per month include things like bread, eggs, milk, cheese, rice, chicken breast, bottled water, fruits, and vegetables
- Alcohol including beer and wine for moderate home consumption costs about $41
- Frequent coffees in a neighborhood café are estimated to be about $121
- Meals out are estimated to be $282 per month, including 4 meals in mid-range restaurants and 8 in inexpensive restaurants
- Transportation costs of $104 for public transport passes and occasional taxis
- Fitness center memberships of $293
- Cinema tickets of $58 include several outings for international releases
Note that Kuwait City, Kuwait is a very walkable city with a Walk Score of 89/100, which means you won’t need a car if you are living in the city center and you may even save some money by not using public transportation and taxis very often.
Amount of Money Needed to Retire in Kuwait City, Kuwait
Many people searching the internet for the cost of living in Kuwait City, Kuwait are doing so to see if and when they can quit their jobs and retire. A popular and easy way to calculate your retirement number is using the 4% Rule.
The 4% Rule estimates that a person(s) could withdraw 4% of their retirement nest egg and never run out of money. Using this calculation, a couple would need an investment portfolio of $702,693 to live a moderate lifestyle in Kuwait City, Kuwait.
Annual expenses of $28,108 ÷ 4% = $702,693 portfolio needed.
Of course, everyone’s financial situation is different, and the above calculation could change based on any other sources of passive income and social security income.
Overall, the cost of living in Kuwait City, Kuwait is affordable coming in at $2,342 for a couple living a moderate lifestyle. Those seeking to retire could do so comfortably with a retirement portfolio of $702,693.