Noida is a medium city located in India with a metropolitan area population of 305,058. A couple could live a moderate lifestyle in Noida on a budget of $883 per month, or $10,599 per year.
Cost of Living in Noida, India
As noted above, the cost of living in Noida, India is $883 per month for a couple living a moderate lifestyle. This budget consists of $330 for housing related costs, $291 for food, and $262 for other costs, all of which will be broken down below.
- A one-bedroom apartment in the city center of Noida is estimated to cost $233
- Basic utilities including electricity, water, and gas will run about $84
- High-speed internet averages $13
- Typical grocery costs of $155 per month include things like bread, eggs, milk, cheese, rice, chicken breast, bottled water, fruits, and vegetables
- Alcohol including beer and wine for moderate home consumption costs about $85
- Frequent coffees in a neighborhood café are estimated to be about $51
- Meals out are estimated to be $141 per month, including 4 meals in mid-range restaurants and 8 in inexpensive restaurants
- Transportation costs of $27 for public transport passes and occasional taxis
- Fitness center memberships of $73
- Cinema tickets of $22 include several outings for international releases
Note that Noida, India is a not very walkable city with a Walk Score of 10/100, which means you definitely need a car if you are living in the city center and public transportation may not be very accessible or convenient.
Amount of Money Needed to Retire in Noida, India
Many people searching the internet for the cost of living in Noida, India are doing so to see if and when they can quit their jobs and retire. A popular and easy way to calculate your retirement number is using the 4% Rule.
The 4% Rule estimates that a person(s) could withdraw 4% of their retirement nest egg and never run out of money. Using this calculation, a couple would need an investment portfolio of $264,969 to live a moderate lifestyle in Noida, India.
Annual expenses of $10,599 ÷ 4% = $264,969 portfolio needed.
Of course, everyone’s financial situation is different, and the above calculation could change based on any other sources of passive income and social security income.
Overall, the cost of living in Noida, India is affordable coming in at $883 for a couple living a moderate lifestyle. Those seeking to retire could do so comfortably with a retirement portfolio of $264,969.